LibreOffice is a powerful office suite; Its clean interface and powerful tools allow you to unleash your creativity and grow your productivity. LibreOffice incorporates several applications that make it the most powerful Free and Open Source Office suite on the market: Writer, Word Processor, Calc, Spreadsheet, Impress, Presentation Editor, Draw, our drawing application and Flow Diagrams, Base, our database and interface with other databases, and Math for editing mathematical formulas.
The prerequisites for a LibreOffice installation on Windows systems are as follows:
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8;
- PC Pentium compatible (Pentium III, Athlon, a newer system is recommended);
- 256 MB of RAM (512 MB RAM recommended);
- At least 1.5 GB available on the hard drive;
- Resolution of at least 1024 × 768 (highest recommended), with at least 256 colors.
- For certain software features - but not for the most part - Java is required. Java is especially necessary for Base.
Administrator privileges are required for the installation process. It is recommended that you back up the system and its data before removing or installing software.