Camtasia Studio is an excellent set of tools designed especially for fans of video recording and editing.
The program includes several utilities that enable its users to record any event that happens on our screen, to create attractive menus to move through the contents of our CD / DVD.
As for recording, Camtasia Studio allows you to capture a window, a zone or the full screen. It is able to capture audio, collect the image from a webcam and even dare with a PowerPoint. Logically, the possibilities are many.
If we talk about editing, Camtasia offers functions to zoom, add audio, create transition effects and even clean the sound of noises.
Finally, when exporting, you will find that you can publish your creation in Flash, QuickTime, AVI, prepare it for web, CD or even DVD.
- Camtasia MenuMarker: Practical menu creator for CD / DVD through which we can better organize our video compilations.
- Camtasia Recoder: This is possibly the main use of Camtasia Studio. It is a tool to record in a video file what happens on our screen. We will be able to use it for the classic tutorials or demonstrations, and even to capture videos by stream that we see by Internet. Once the recording is finished, we will be able to export the file to the desired video format.
- Camtasia Audio Editor: With this tool you can edit the recorded audio in video files, increasing or decreasing the sound, or even completely eliminating recording to replace silence.
- Camtasia Theater: With Camtasia Theater we are able to incorporate a video disc in Flash (SWF format files) that can be viewed online or on a CD.
- Camtasia Player: The player Camtasia Studio. Small, light, and easy to use. Ideal to reproduce the videos that we found created with the program.
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
- Microsoft DirectX 9 or later version
- Microsoft .NET 4.0 (included)
- Dual-core processor minimum ~ Recommended: Quad-core processor or better
- 2 GB RAM minimum ~ Recommended: 4 GB or more
- 2 GB of hard-disk space for program installation
- Display dimensions of 1024 × 768 or greater
- Dedicated Windows-compatible sound card, microphone, and speakers (recommended)
- Camtasia Studio Add-in for PowerPoint requires PowerPoint 2007 (32-bit) or PowerPoint 2010 or 2013 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Import of .mov and production to .mov and .m4v requires Apple QuickTime 7.2 or later
- Playback using the Smart Player is supported on Internet Explorer 8+, Chrome, Firefox, Safari 5.1+, iOS 6+, Android 4+ (Chrome for Android Recommended)
- Camera video recording requires a USB Web Camera. Recording live from a DV camera is not supported
- Integration with TechSmith Relay requires TechSmith Relay Client Recorder
- GPU acceleration requires DirectX 9 compatible video adapter with 128 MB of video memory or greater and Pixel Shader 2.0 or later