February 20, 2017
Do you want to change the music to your liking?
Mp3tag is a powerful and easy-to-use tool for editing metadata of common audio formats where it supports ID3v1, ID3v2.3 and ID3v2.4, iTunes MP4, WMA, Vorbis Comments and APE Tags.
You can rename files based on tag information, replace characters or words in tags and file names, import / export tag info, create playlists and more.
Mp3tag supports online database searches of, for example, Amazon, Discogs, or freedb, which will allow you to automatically collect the appropriate tags and covers from your music collection.
Characteristics and Functionalities:
- Tag editing batch Write ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, MP4, WMA, APEv2 tags and Vorbis comments on multiple files at once.
- Support Cover Art download and add cover art to your files and make the library even brighter.
- Import from Amazon, Discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz Save and write import tags from online databases like Amazon, Discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz, and more.
- Replace characters or words Replace strings in tags and filenames (with support for regular expressions).
- Create playlists automatically Create and manage playlists automatically during editing.
- Rename files to rename file tags based on tag information and import tags from file names.
- Export to HTML, RTF, CSV reports Generate good and lists in your collection based on user defined templates.
- Full Unicode UI support and tagging are fully Unicode compatible.
- In addition to these main features Mp3tag offers a variety of other functions and features ranging from export batches to integrated disc covers, plus support for iTunes specific tags like media type or TV program settings, to combination Of several actions in groups that can be applied with a single mouse click.
Supported Audio Formats:
- Advanced Audio Coding (AAC)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC)
- Mono Audio (APE)
- MPEG Layer 3 (MP3)
- MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a / M4B / iTunes compatible)
- Musepack (MPC)
- Ogg Vorbis (OGG)
- OptimFROG (OFR)
- OptimFROG DualStream (OFS)
- Speex (SPX)
- Audio of Tom Kompressor (tak)
- True Audio (TTA)
- Windows Media Audio (WMA)
- WavPack (WV)
Recent Changes (17th Feb 2017):
[2017-02-06] NEW: added support for iTunes-specific ID3v2 grouping tag field GRP1 as GROUPING.
[2017-02-05] NEW: added support for reading ID3v2.2 iTunes tag fields for classical music MOVEMENT, MOVEMENTTOTAL, MOVEMENTNAME.
[2017-01-23] FIX: automatic playlist creation used previous values after tag save.
[2017-01-07] NEW: added support for press and hold gesture on cover art window to trigger context menu on touch devices.
[2016-12-17] FIX: regression where URL ID3v2 fields (WWW*) were accidentally written as multi-value fields (since v2.80a).
[2016-12-15] FIX: value overflow when calculating bitrate for large VBR MP3 files which resulted in negative bitrates.
[2016-12-14] LNG: added Corsican installer language and updated Czech and Turkish language files.
[2016-12-12] CHG: updated installer icons and graphics.
[2016-12-11] NEW: added portable installation mode that stores settings in application directory and doesn't write information to the registry.
[2016-12-11] NEW: installer now asks for UAC admin elevation in case if its run from a non-admin user account.
[2016-12-11] CHG: changed installer and application to guess user language instead of asking user.
[2016-12-11] NEW: improved installer UI for high-resolution screens with high DPI settings (DPI awareness).
[2016-12-11] NEW: added version information to installer.
[2016-12-11] NEW: added size estimation to uninstaller.
[2016-12-07] NEW: added placeholders to access file path of current active playlist, i.e., %_playlist_filename%, %_playlist_filename_ext% and %_playlist_folderpath%.
[2016-12-06] FIX: renaming files via direct-editing in file list in %_filepath% column automatically removed trailing blanks.
[2016-12-05] FIX: improved ID3v2 specification compliance by adding terminating 0x00 for text strings.
[2016-12-02] FIX: randomizing a filtered file list by clicking on first column header resulted in resetting of list contents.
[2016-11-30] FIX: missing breadcrumb links in help topic for "Configuration > Tags > Mapping" and missing link from "Configuration > Tags"
[2016-11-29] FIX: converter 'Tag - Filename' treated paths that were built from field values containing slash characters as relative.